If you are an IKEDC customer, you may have noticed that your prepaid meter needs to be upgraded. This is because the existing software used in all prepaid electricity meters globally, including Nigeria, is set to expire on November 24th, 2024. This event is referred to as a TID rollover.
It’s essential to note that all STS pre-paid meters operating within the IE network must be upgraded. Please do so to ensure these meters can accept and not reject tokens starting on November 24th, 2023, which marks the commencement of IE’s TID rollover procedure.
In this article, I will show you ‘how to upgrade IKEDC prepaid meter.’ Read on to learn everything you need about the IKEDC prepaid meter upgrade.
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
Why Upgrade IKEDC Prepaid Meter?
Ikeja Electric (IE) is informing its customers that those using STS prepaid meters must upgrade by November 24, 2023. This upgrade is called a TID rollover. If you fail to upgrade your meter, you cannot load electricity tokens.
You can upgrade your meter software online. However, they must link their prepaid meters to their National Identification Number (NIN). Therefore, customers must complete the NIN validation process on Ikeja Electric’s website to receive the necessary KCTs.
How to Get IKEDC KCT Code
The key change token (KCT) is a 20-digit code that is required to upgrade your IKEDC prepaid meter. It is generated by the distribution company and sent to your registered phone number or email address. You can also get the KCT code from any IKEDC office or authorized vendor.
To get the KCT code, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the KCT portal
- Enter your meter number and click Submit.
- You’ll immediately see the activation token.
- On the webpage, enter your meter number.
- Two 20-digit tokens will appear on your screen.
- Enter the KCT-1 digits on your prepaid device and press Enter.
- Enter the KCT-2 digits and press Enter again.
- Purchase a recharge token through your preferred channel and load it as usual.
How to Load IKEDC KCT Code
Once you have received the KCT code, you need to load it on your IKEDC prepaid meter to complete the upgrade process. To load the KCT code, you need to follow these steps:
- Ensure that your meter is connected to a power source and switched on.
- Press the ‘Enter’ button on the meter keypad
- Enter the 20-digit KCT code using the meter keypad and press the ‘Enter’ button again.
- Wait for the meter to display ‘ACCEPT’ and beep twice to confirm the successful loading of the KCT code.
- Your IKEDC prepaid meter upgrade is now complete.
How to Upgrade IKEDC Prepaid Meter
Follow the instructions below to upgrade your prepaid meter:
- Kindly visit smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/nin to validate your meter number and NIN.
- Click on the “Link your NIN and Meter” button. Input your phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Confirm your NIN details and click next if the information returned is correct. Input your meter number and verification code into your email, then click submit. Please note that only one (1) NIN can be linked to a meter, except for landlords with multiple meters, who can use their NIN repeatedly. Your information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- You will receive three (3) sets of 20-digit input. The first set of 20-digit tokens (KCT1) will wipe off the old meter settings.
- Input the second set of 20-digit tokens (KCT 2) to upgrade your meter to the new STS platform.
- If you recharged your meter, load the token after the upgrade.
How to Recharge IKEDC Prepaid Meter
To recharge your IKEDC prepaid meter, buy a recharge token from any IKEDC office, authorized vendor, or online platform. After getting the token, load it on your meter, following the instructions below:
- Ensure there is power.
- Press the ‘Enter’ button on the meter keypad.
- Enter the 20-digit recharge token using the meter keypad and press the ‘Enter’ button again.
- Wait for the meter to display ‘ACCEPT’ and beep twice to confirm the successful loading of the recharge token.
- Your meter will automatically update your credit balance.
How to Check IKEDC Prepaid Meter Balance
To check your IKEDC prepaid meter balance,
- To check your balance for a Mojec meter (SP & TP), press “009” on the keypad and press the enter button.
- To check your balance for an EDMI meter: for SP, type ‘10’. For TP, press ‘01’ and press the enter button..
- To check your balance for a Conlog meter, for “SP” or “TP” press ‘009’ or ‘801’
Note: SP = Single Phase while, TP = Three phase.
Ikeja Electric Meter Upgrade Link
To upgrade your Ikeja Electric meter, visit smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/nin.
Ikeja Electric Meter Upgrade Code
To upgrade your Ikeja Electric meter, you need a Key Change Token-KCT (a special’reset’ token) to be loaded on your meter. You will receive three (3) sets of 20-digit token upon vending as from November 1st, 2023. Input the first set of 20-digits token (KCT 1), this will wipe off the old meter settings. Input the second set of 20-digit token (KCT 2), this will then upgrade your meter to the new STS platform. The last set of 20-digit token will load the purchased energy value into the meter.
Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter Upgrade Online
To upgrade your Ikeja Electric prepaid meter online, visit the Ikeja electric website and follow the instructions to update your customer details and link your NIN then get the 2 KCT tokens and enter the code on your meter. Ensure to follow the instructions in this article to upgrade your meter online.
In summary, Ikeja Electric (IE) requires all customers with STS prepaid meters to upgrade by November 24, 2023, through a process called TID rollover. This upgrade is necessary to ensure meters can continue accepting and loading electricity tokens after that date.
To upgrade, customers need to link their meter number to their NIN on the IE website and will then receive KCT tokens. They must enter the two KCT codes into their meter keypad to wipe out the old meter settings and upgrade to the new system. After upgrading, customers can purchase and load recharge tokens as usual.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Generate New Token for Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter?
To generate a new token for your Ikeja Electric prepaid meter, you need to log on to the IE portal. Input your meter number and click the submit button. The activation token will be displayed instantly.
How Do I Top Up My Ikedc Prepaid Meter?
To top up your IKEDC prepaid meter, you need to buy a recharge token from any IKEDC office, authorized vendor, or online platform. Then, you need to enter the 20-digit recharge token on your meter keypad and press the ‘Enter’ button. Your meter will display ‘ACCEPT’ and beep twice to confirm the successful loading of the recharge token.
Do I Have to Upgrade My Electricity Meter?
Yes, you have to upgrade your electricity meter if you are an IKEDC customer and you have an old or faulty meter. The upgrade is free of charge and mandatory for all customers.
How Do I Check My Electricity Balance?
You can check your balance through any of the ways below:
- Meter box: The most popular way to check your balance is to go to the meter box itself. On most meters, your available units will be displayed on the screen.
- Singleview app: Ikeja Electric Plc has an interactive platform called ‘Singleview’ that allows prepaid meter customers to access patterns and consumption.
What Are the Different Tariff Plans for Ikedc Prepaid Meter?
The different tariff plans for IKEDC prepaid meter are:
- Band A: Non-MD customers with a minimum of 20 hours daily pay N51.22/Kwh.
- Band B: Customers with a minimum of 16 hours daily pay N46.93/Kwh.
- Band C: Customers with a minimum of 12 hours daily pay N37/Kwh