As a customer of Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Plc (PHED), you may be curious about how to recharge your prepaid meter. Although the process is pretty simple, understanding the various channels and steps involved can save time and prevent any disruptions. Prepaid meters are devices that allow you to pay for your electricity usage in advance and monitor your balance and consumption.
In this article, I will show you the different methods and channels on how to recharge PHED prepaid meters to avoid disconnection and keep enjoying an uninterrupted power supply. I will also show you how to load your token and answer some frequently asked questions you may be asking.
Let’s get started!
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
What is PHED?
PHED stands for Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution. It is one of the 11 distribution companies (DISCOS) that supply electricity to customers in Nigeria. PHED covers four states in the south-south region of Nigeria: Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, and Akwa Ibom States. Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Plc was privatized in 2013 and is now owned by 4Power Consortium Ltd.
How to Recharge PHED Prepaid Meters
Once you have a prepaid meter, you need to recharge it regularly to avoid a blackout. A blackout usually happens when you run out of units. You can recharge your prepaid basically in two ways:
- Online (Using Fintech Apps)
- Offline (Using accredited Agents or PHED)
You can use any of the methods mentioned, depending on your preference and how convenient it is.
How to Recharge PHED Prepaid Meters Online
Choose any of the options below to recharge your PHED prepaid meters online:
Using PHED Website
- Visit the PHED website and click on “Payment”.
- Select “Prepaid” and enter your account number or meter number.
- Enter your phone number and email address.
- Enter the amount you want to recharge and click on “Pay Bills”.
- Choose your payment method (card, bank, USSD, etc.) and complete the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation message and an email with your token.
- Enter the token into your meter keypad to load the token.
Follow the steps below to recharge your PHED Prepaid meter online using Quickteller:
- Go to the Quickteller Payment Page
- Select “Pay Bills”
- Search for “PHED” then select Prepaid
- Enter your Mobile number and your Meter number
- Enter the amount you want to buy and tap continue
- Follow the other instructions to choose a means of payment, then make the payment.
- Once the payment is confirmed, you’ll be issued a receipt, which will contain a token number of 20 Digits
- That’s it. You’ve successfully recharged your PHEd prepaid meter.
Alternatively, you can use your bank app or use either Opay or Palmpay and follow the same procedures as mentioned above. The steps may differ a little, but all you need to do is select Bills payment and choose electricity, then choose PHED and follow the prompts to recharge your prepaid meter.
How to Recharge PHED Prepaid Meters Offline
You can also recharge your prepaid meter offline by visiting any PHED office or authorized vendor. Here are the steps:
- Visit any PHED office or customer service center near you.
- Tell the PHED staff that you want to recharge your prepaid meter and give them your account number or meter number.
- Pay the amount you want to recharge with cash or use your ATM Card.
- You will receive a receipt with your token printed on it.
- Enter the token into your meter keypad to recharge the meter immediately.
- Visit any authorized vendor near you. You can find them in supermarkets, shops, kiosks, etc. Look for the PHED logo or signboard.
- Tell the vendor that you want to recharge your prepaid meter and give them your meter number.
- Pay the amount you want to recharge.
- You will receive a receipt with your token printed on it or a text message with your token sent to your phone number.
How to Load Token on Prepaid Meter
Once you get your token successfully after recharging using any of the options mentioned above, you’ll need to load the token on your prepaid meter to start using electricity/power immediately.
To do this:
- Enter the 20-digit code or token on the keypad or remote of your prepaid meter. Be careful to avoid making a mistake.
- If you make an error typing the number, use the back arrow button painted red most times to erase the error.
- Once you enter all 20 digits correctly, cross-check it again and hit the enter button.
If the token is valid and has not been used, the meter will beep, and “Accepted” will be displayed on the screen with the amount of token you bought.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Check My Prepaid Meter Balance?
You can check your prepaid meter balance by looking at your meter display screen, which will show your remaining credit in kWh. This is usually located at the top left of the screen.
How Many Units Is 1000 on Nigeria Prepaid Meter?
Recently, the units for N1000 worth of light have seen a decrease from 20 to 13.6. The current number of units you will get for N1000 is 13.6 units.
How Many Digits Is Prepaid Meter Token?
A prepaid meter token is 20 digits in number.
👉🏽 The Canadian Relocation and Mentoring Blueprint 3.0
👉🏽 28-Day Body Transformation Program
👉🏽 Learn A - Z of Affiliate Marketing
👉🏽 Google Ads Traffic Academy
How Can I Report a Faulty or Damaged Prepaid Meter?
You can report a faulty or damaged prepaid meter by calling PHED customer care on 070022557433 or 09087838800 or by sending an email to [email protected]. You can also visit any PHED office or customer service center near you.
How Can I Contact PHED for More Information or Assistance?
You can contact PHED for more information or assistance through their website, phone number (070022557433 or 09087838800), and email address ([email protected]).
It’s important always to have enough credit on your prepaid meter to keep your electricity on. PHED offers easy options to recharge your meter, such as online payments, authorized vendors, and direct recharge at their offices.
Once you get your tokens, ensure to enter the 20-digit code carefully on your meter keypad. Remember to check your remaining units on the display screen and recharge them before they run out to avoid disconnection.
If you have any issues, contact PHED customer support by phone or email or go to any of their offices close to you for assistance. Checkout our article on Tamper Mode to remove your prepaid meter from tamper mode if you have that issue. Keep your light ON by recharging regularly!