The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has asked prepaid meter users to update their meters. Starting from Friday, November 24, 2023, tokens will no longer work on meters that have yet to be updated. Upgrading will be done by punching the Key Change Tokens (KCT) into the meter, which will be provided to the customers alongside the credit token when they recharge their meter.
I will show you how to upgrade EEDC prepaid meters in this article. I will also show you how to get the Key change tokens (KCT) and load them on your Enugu distribution company prepaid meter.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
Things to Note About YEDC Meter Upgrade
If you want to upgrade your EEDC prepaid meter, keep these things in mind:
- The meter upgrade is completely free of charge, and you won’t be charged for the KCT code.
- The upgrade process takes only a few seconds to complete, but your prepaid meter will be offline during this time.
- Once the upgrade is complete, your prepaid meter will return online and start accepting new energy tokens.
- It’s important to note that you will only lose units left on your prepaid meter after the upgrade, but it’s recommended to use any unused tokens beforehand as your meter may not accept old tokens after the upgrade.
- The upgrade process is mandatory, and customers who do not upgrade their meters will not be able to use electricity tokens after November 24th, 2023.
How to Get EEDC KCT Code
The first step to upgrading your EEDC prepaid meter is to get the Key Change Token (KCT) code. The KCT code is a special reset token used to upgrade the meter. To get the KCT code, you need to visit the EEDC office close to you. You must provide your meter number and other details to get the KCT code.
How to Load EEDC KCT Code
Here are the steps to load your EEDC KCT code:
- Get the KCT code from your EEDC vendor.
- On your meter, enter the first set of 20-digit tokens (KCT 1). This will wipe off the old meter settings.
- After entering the first set of tokens, enter the second set of 20-digit tokens (KCT 2) and wait for it to be accepted.
- Once the second set of tokens has been accepted, you can enter the usual 20-digit token to recharge units as normal.
- Following these steps will ensure your meter is updated with the new KCT code, and you can continue using it as usual.
How to Upgrade EEDC Prepaid Meter
To upgrade an EEDC prepaid meter, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the nearest EEDC office to get a Key Change Token (KCT).
- Once you get the KCT code, press any key on the prepaid meter to make it appear.
- The upgrade will be successful and complete in a few seconds.
- Enter your KCT code using the keypad on your prepaid meter.
- Press the “Enter” button again to confirm your KCT code.
- Wait for a few seconds for your prepaid meter to update.
- If you were given two (2) KCT codes, enter the second KCT code and press enter.
EEDC Prepaid Meter Application
To apply for an EEDC prepaid meter, you must apply for it online at the EEDC website or visit any of their offices nearby. The application process is simple, and you will be required to provide your meter number and other details.
- To fill out the application online, Tap ‘Map Meter Request’ and select ‘Request a Meter’ to complete the application form online.
- To fill out the application form offline, tap ‘Map meter Request’ and select ‘Download Application Fromr’ to fill out the application form and submit it at any of their offices close to you.
- Once your application has been approved, an EEDC technician will be sent to your house to install the new meter.
How to Retrieve EEDC Prepaid Meter Token
If you lose your EEDC prepaid meter token, you can retrieve it by going back to the platform or app where you bought the ‘prepaid meter token’. Check your transaction history and you should find the receipt for your purchase – The ‘prepaid meter token’ will be written on the receipt.
It is important to note that the upgrade process is mandatory, and customers who do not upgrade their meters cannot use electricity tokens after November 24th, 2023.
I hope that this article has helped provide you with the information you need to upgrade your EEDC prepaid meter. If your meter displays error codes, check out this article on removing error codes on prepaid meters.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens If I Don’t Upgrade My Meter?
Your prepaid meter will stop accepting tokens after you run out of tokens. Eventually, you’ll have to upgrade before it will start accepting tokens.
How Do I Apply for the Eedc Prepaid Meter Upgrade?
Go to the EEDC website and tap on the ‘Request Meter’ button on the homepage, then follow the instructions to complete the application above.
How Do I Retrieve My Eedc Prepaid Meter Token?
Check the transaction history of the platform you used to purchase the tokens.
Is the Upgrade Process Free?
Yes. It is free of charge.
When Is the Deadline for Upgrading My Eedc Prepaid Meter?
November 24th, 2023.