Sometimes you may encounter problems with your Airtel data service, such as not working, being slow, not connecting, not showing, or being charged wrongly. These problems can be frustrating and affect your online experience.
But don’t worry; in this Airtel Data Full Troubleshooting Guide, I will show you how to troubleshoot some common Airtel data problems and fix them quickly. If you’re ready to fix your Airtel Data issues, let’s get started!
Why is My Airtel Data Not Working?
One of the most common problems with Airtel data is that it is not working. This means you cannot access the internet or use any online service on your device. There are three major reasons why this may be happening:
- You have run out of data, the data bundle has expired, or you’ve exceeded your data capped.
- There are network settings or coverage issues
- There are network or service outage issues
Continue reading to learn how to troubleshoot and fix the problems below.
How Do I Fix My Airtel Data
If your Airtel data is not working, try these troubleshooting tips:
- First, check your data balance and validity by dialing *312#. If your balance is insufficient or expired, recharge or renew your data plan.
- Next, check your network settings and coverage. Ensure you’ve selected the correct network mode and enabled mobile data in your device’s settings. Also, check the network signal strength and ensure you’re in an area with good coverage. If you have a weak or no signal, try moving to a different location for better network reception.
- Additionally, check your SIM card and device compatibility. Ensure your SIM card is inserted correctly and activated and your device supports Airtel’s network mode and frequency band. If you have a damaged or incompatible SIM card or device, consider replacing or repairing it.
If none of these steps work, contact Airtel customer support for data problems.
Why is My Airtel Data Slow?
If you’re having a slow connection, here are some possible reasons why:
- You have low data or slow internet speed.
- There is network congestion or interference
- You have device performance or storage issues
- You have DNS configuration issues
How Do I Speed Up My Airtel Data
If you are experiencing slow data on your Airtel network, here are some steps you can take to fix the issue:
- Firstly, check your data speed and plan using a speed test website. If your data speed is low, consider upgrading or changing your plan or switching to Airtel 5G.
- Another factor affecting your data speed is network congestion and interference, especially during peak hours or in crowded areas. Consider using the internet during off-peak hours, in less congested areas, or with fewer users.
- It’s also important to check your device’s performance and storage, including battery level, memory usage, app updates, and cache files. If any of these are causing issues, it can affect your data speed and performance. Charge your battery, free up some memory, update your apps, or clear cache files as needed.
- Change to a faster and more reliable DNS server, such as Cloudflare or Google, if your default DNS server is slow or unreliable. Follow the steps to change to Cloudflare DNS on your Android or iOS device.:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Network & Internet
- Tap Advanced and select Private DNS
- Select Private DNS provider hostname
- Enter 22.214.171.124
- Tap Save
Why is My Airtel Data Not Connecting?
If you are experiencing trouble connecting to Airtel Data, it could be due to network downtime from Airtel, insufficient data, or your device’s internet access settings. Once you have confirmed that none of these issues are causing the problem, you can take the following steps:
- Check your device’s network and airplane mode settings. To ensure that your Airtel data connect appropriately, verify that your device’s network mode (e.g., 4G, 3G, or 2G) is correctly selected in the settings menu and that airplane mode is disabled.
- Restart your device and refresh your network. Another helpful step when troubleshooting Airtel data connection issues is to restart your device and restore your network settings.
How Do I Connect My Airtel Data
To connect your Airtel Data,
- Buy an Airtel Data Plan
- Turn on data on your device. Ensure you’ve chosen Airtel as your browsing SIM.
- You’re now connected. Browse your favorite sites and social media platforms.
Why is My Airtel Data Not Showing?
If your Airtel Data is not showing, do the following:
- First, check if you turned on the data. Swipe down on your home and check the notification tray. Ensure that data is turned on and you’ve chosen Airtel as your browsing SIM. Hold down the data icon to access settings to turn on data or change the default browsing SIM.
- Next, ensure that you have data and that your data isn’t expired or exhausted. Dial *312# to check your data balance. If you’ve exhausted it, you must buy another Airtel Data plan.
- Check your data notification and make sure you allow data notifications. Hold the data icon on the notification tray, then enable data notification. Should start receiving data notifications like usage and limit.
How Do I See My Airtel Data Usage?
To see your Airtel Data usage, do the following:
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Newbie Affiliate Marketing Expo
- Open the Airtel App on your phone. Download the App from your App store and sign in with your Airtel number.
- Tap the “More” button at the bottom of the page.
- Tap “Transaction History”
- Tap “Usage”
- Choose “Data” from the list.
- Your data usage will be displayed on your screen.
How Do I Reset My Airtel Data Settings?
To reset your Airtel Data Settings to default, do the following:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Tap on the Mobile network.
- Tap on the name of your Airtel SIM card.
- Tap on Access Point Names (APN).
- Tap the three dotted lines and then tap the Reset to Default button.
- Tap OK to confirm.
How Do I Get a Refund For My Airtel Data?
You can get a refund for your Airtel data by calling them on 300. You must check your data transaction history, data refund policy, and eligibility and contact Airtel customer support for a data refund request.
How Do I Contact Airtel Customer Support For Data Problems?
You can contact Airtel customer support for data problems by calling 300 from your Airtel line or visiting the nearest Airtel store or service center. You can also message them on their social media platforms to report your issue and get assistance.
What is The Airtel Data Troubleshooting Number?
The Airtel data troubleshooting number is 300. dial 300 from your Airtel phone. You can also dial +234 802 150 0111 if you are not using an Airtel phone or abroad. You can dial this number on your phone to update your network settings and configuration and fix any data problems.
How Do I Check My Airtel Data Settings?
You can check your Airtel data settings by going to the settings menu on your device and tapping Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Access Point Names. This will show you the details of your APN settings and configuration.
Edit the details to your choice. You can find more information about Airtel Data Settings for different devices when you visit that link.
How Do I Change My Airtel Data Settings?
To change your Airtel data settings, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Select Mobile network.
- Choose the Airtel SIM card.
- Tap on Access Point Names (APN).
- Click the Edit button next to the APN that requires modifications.
- Adjust the APN settings as needed.
- Save the changes by tapping on Save.
How Do I Restart My Airtel Data?
If you want to restart your Airtel data, you can try turning off your device and removing your SIM card for a few seconds before turning it back in and back on. This process can help reset your device settings and reconnect to the network.
How Do I Refresh My Airtel Data?
To refresh your Airtel data, try turning it off for a few seconds before turning it back on. This should help refresh the network.
How Do I Enable Airtel Data?
To enable Airtel data on your phone, please ensure you have an active data plan or bundle. Then go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network and toggle on the Mobile Data switch. If you have a dual SIM phone, select Airtel as your preferred SIM for data.
How Do I Disable Airtel Data?
If you want to turn off Airtel data on your phone, simply turn off the mobile data setting on your phone by going to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network and toggling off the Mobile Data Switch.
Why is My Airtel Data Being Used Even When I’m Not Using It?
Have you noticed that your Airtel data is being used even when not using it? There could be a few reasons for this:
- Firstly, some apps may be running in the background and updating or syncing data without your knowledge. You can check which apps use the most data by going to Settings, Network & Internet, and Data Usage. From there, tap on App Data Usage to view the apps using data and restrict background data usage for specific apps by tapping on them and turning off the Background Data option.
- Secondly, certain features on your phone might be using data automatically, such as Wi-Fi Assist, which switches to mobile data when Wi-Fi is weak, or Auto-Update, which downloads app updates over mobile data. Go to Settings, Network & Internet, and Wi-Fi to turn off these features. From there, turn off the Wi-Fi Assist option. Additionally, go to the Google Play Store, select Menu and Settings, and choose Wi-Fi Only or Don’t Auto-Update Apps.
- Lastly, notifications or messages from social media, email, or other apps could use data when they arrive on your phone. To reduce these notifications, adjust the notification settings for each app or turn on the Do Not Disturb mode on your phone.
How Do I Stop My Airtel Data From Being Used in the Background?
If you want to prevent your Airtel data from being used in the background, you can try these few methods:
- You can use your phone’s Data Saver mode to limit background data usage for all apps. To activate this, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Data Saver and turn it on, or swipe down on your home screen and turn on the data saver from the notification tray.
- Alternatively, you can use the Background Data option to restrict background data usage for specific apps. To do this, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage > App Data Usage and select the app you want to restrict. Then turn off the Background Data option.
- Lastly, you can use the Battery Saver mode to limit background activity for all apps. To activate this, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and turn it on.
How Do I Block Certain Apps From Using My Airtel Data?
To block specific apps from using your Airtel data, you can use the following methods:
- Use the Mobile Data option to restrict mobile data access for specific apps. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps & Notifications > See All Apps and tapping on the app you want to block. Then tap Mobile Data & Wi-Fi and turn off the Mobile Data option.
- Use a third-party app such as NetGuard Firewall to block internet access for specific apps. You can download this App from Google Play Store and follow their instructions to set up rules for each app.
How Do I Check for Airtel Data Network Problems?
To check for Airtel data network problems, you must first confirm that you have active data bundles. If you have but can’t browse the internet, there may be network problems. In a rural area, you may not have as good of a signal as in a city. Try moving to a different location to see if that improves your signal.
Airtel may be experiencing a network outage in your area; if that’s the case, Airtel will notify you via text, or you’ll check for any information via their social media handles.
How Do I Know if My Airtel Data is Blocked?
To know if your Airtel data is blocked, call their customer service center number to talk to an agent. The agent will run a check on your line and tell you if your data is blocked or not. If your data is blocked, he/she will show you how to unblock it.
In this post, I have shown you how to troubleshoot some common Airtel data problems and how to fix them quickly. If you have any other questions or issues with your Airtel data service, please contact Airtel customer support for further assistance.
If you liked this post, please share it with your friends and family who may also benefit from it. Thank you for reading, and stay connected with Airtel!