Are you tired of your current network provider and want to switch to MTN without changing your phone number? Maybe you want to switch to enjoy better network service and connectivity. Luckily, MTN offers a service called Mobile Number Portability (MNP), which allows you to port from your current network to MTN.
This article will guide you on how to port to MTN from other networks in Nigeria, including Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile. If this is what you’ve been searching for and would like to do, continue reading to learn more!
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
What is MTN Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
With the MTN Mobile Number Portability (MNP) you can easily port or switch to MTN while keeping your phone number. This service lets you change your current service provider be it Airtel, GLO, or 9mobile without changing your phone number.
When you switch to MTN, you get to enjoy the widest and extensive network coverage and the fastest data quality available to MTN users on the network.
How Much Does It Cost to Port to MTN?
Switching or porting from Airtel, GLO & 9mobile is free of charge
How Long Does It Take to Port to MTN?
Porting to MTN takes about 15 – 20 minutes to complete. However, the process of porting may take up to 48hours to complete if there are issues like network or discrepancies on your line or on the MTN network.
What You Need to Know Before Porting to MTN
If you’re planning to switch to MTN from another network in Nigeria, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Firstly, make sure you haven’t already switched networks in the last 45 days.
- It’s also important to use up all your remaining airtime or data on your current network before migrating to MTN as your current data or airtime balance will be forfeited when you port.
- Lastly, don’t forget to backup all your contacts either to your Google Account or save them on your phone before switching networks because they may be lost during the port.
- A valid means of Identification. This could be a drivers license, national ID card, or passport.
How to Port to MTN from Airtel, GLO & 9mobile
To switch to MTN from Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile in Nigeria, follow these guidelines:
- Visit an MTN retailer or customer service point near you with your current phone number.
- Provide a valid identification document such as a driver’s license, voter’s card, or national ID.
- Complete the port-in form and submit it.
- Finish the process by sending ‘PORT’ to 3232. Alternatively, dial 3232 and follow the voice prompts to port to MTN.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Port My SIM to MTN?
Yes, you can port your SIM card from other networks such as Airtel, Glo or 9mobile.
Can I Port My Number Online?
No. Simply call 3232 and follow the instructions to port to MTN. You can also Port by visiting an MTN customer service centre close to you.
Do I Need Airtime to Port to MTN?
A: No, you do not need airtime on your current network before porting. It is advisable to use up any airtime balance before porting to avoid loss.
Can I Swap My Airtel SIM for an MTN SIM?
No, you cannot swap your SIM card but you can port your number while retaining your phone number to an MTN SIM.
How Do I Port My Mobile Number to MTN?
You can port your mobile number by visiting an MTN customer care centre with a valid form of identification and following the steps outlined above.
How Do I Confirm if I am Eligible to Port My Line?
You can Port to MTN if you have not recently ported your line within the last 45 days.
What Should I Do Before I Port My Number?
- Ensure to backup all of your contacts saved on your current SIM card to avoid losing any contact on the SIM card.
- Use up any remaining credit or airtime on your current service provider, as it will be forfeited once the porting request is successfully completed.
What Happens Once The Process is Initiated?
Your application will be submitted to your current provider for approval. Porting process takes about 15 to 20 minutes and at most 48 hours to complete.
Will I Be Able To Take My Voicemails, SMS and Service Settings to My New Operator?
No, you’ll need to set these up again when the porting process is complete
Will I Be Able to Access Service Subscriptions From Previous Service Provider?
You won’t be able to use your old subscription services from your previous network operator, but you can sign up for other value added services available through MTN.
Switching your number from other networks such as Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile to MTN is easy and free. All you need is a valid form of identification and follow the simple steps outlined above in this article.
If you have issues while porting or the switching is taking time, be patient until 48 hours, after which you can go back to the MTN office to complain, and the issue will be resolved. Stay Connected with MTN!