Have you ever wished for a faster, more reliable, and more accessible internet service? If so, you might be interested in Starlink. This satellite-based internet service provider promises to deliver high-speed internet to remote and underserved areas worldwide.
In this article, I will tell you about Starlink and how it works, how to order and set up Starlink, and the Starlink Data Subscription Plan and Cost. By the end of this article, you will better understand Starlink and whether it is a good option for you.
Let’s get started!
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
What is Starlink?
Starlink, made by a company called SpaceX, makes it easy for people all over the world to use the internet. This is possible by sending small satellites into space; they talk to each other and us on the ground.
This way, even people who live in places where there isn’t good internet can use it. Starlink is better than most internet service providers in Nigeria in the following ways:
- It can reach more people, even people who live in faraway places.
- It is faster than most other satellite internet services.
- It is more stable and works better during bad weather or when the power goes out.
Starlink has over 1,800 satellites in space that can give people internet speeds of 50 to 150 megabits per second, which is fast enough to watch videos and play games online. In the future, they want to launch more satellites to improve their internet and give internet to people who live in the coldest parts of the world, like the North and South Poles. They hope to do this by the end of 2024.
How to Order and Set Up Starlink
If you are interested in trying Starlink, you will need to order the equipment and service from Starlink’s website. The equipment includes a Starlink dish, which is a circular antenna that connects to the satellite network, and a Starlink modem, which is a device that connects to the dish and provides internet access to your devices via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. You will also need a power supply and a mounting tripod for the dish.
You can get the Starlink hardware for residential places for NGN378,000, NGN540,000 for business facilities, and NGN378,000 for roaming. The order’s delivery time is estimated to be 1 to 2 weeks, depending on your location and availability. You will also need to pay a monthly subscription fee, which I will discuss in this article. So, keep reading to learn about the Starlink Data Subscription Plan and Cost.
To set up Starlink in Nigeria, you will need to follow these steps:
- Find a clear spot for the dish, preferably on a flat surface with a clear view of the sky. Avoid any obstructions, such as trees, buildings, or power lines, that might block the satellite signal.
- Plug the power supply into an outlet and connect it to the modem. Then, click the modem to the dish using the cable provided.
- Download the Starlink app on your smartphone or tablet and follow the instructions to activate the service and align the dish. The app will help you find the best position and angle for the dish and show you the signal strength and quality.
- Connect your devices to the Starlink Wi-Fi network or use an Ethernet cable to connect them to the modem. You can now enjoy the Starlink internet service.
Watch this installation video for more details about installing and setting up Starlink.
Starlink Data Subscription Plan and Cost
Starlink offers different service plans for different needs and budgets. You can choose from the following plans:
|Monthly Subscription Fee
|One-Time Hardware Cost
|Unlimited Standard Data
The standard plan is best suited for households; the priority data package is best for businesses and high-demand users, while the mobile data package is best for RVs, nomads, and campers.
Pros and Cons of Starlink
Starlink has many pros and cons that you should consider before deciding to use it in Nigeria. Here are some of them:
- Fast speed: Starlink can provide faster speed than most internet services in Nigeria, improving your online experience and productivity.
- Low latency: Starlink can provide lower latency than most satellite internet services, reducing the lag and delay in your online activities.
- Wide coverage: Starlink can provide more comprehensive coverage than most terrestrial internet services, which
- High cost: Starlink can be more expensive than most internet services in Nigeria, especially the initial equipment cost and the monthly subscription fee. You must consider your budget and internet needs before investing in Starlink.
- Limited availability: Starlink has yet to be fully available in Nigeria, as it is still in the beta phase and has limited slots for customers. You will need to check the availability of Starlink in your area and join the waiting list if you are interested.
- You can only use Starlink within the area where you installed the hardware. For instance, if you installed the hardware in your home, once you leave your house, you won’t be able to access the internet via Starlink.
Starlink is a satellite-based internet service provider that offers fast, low-latency, and consistent internet service to remote and underserved areas worldwide.
Starlink has many pros and cons that you should consider before deciding to use it in Nigeria. Starlink can provide faster speed, lower latency, and broader coverage than most internet services in Nigeria. Still, it can also be more expensive, less available, and more vulnerable to weather interference than most internet services.
If you want a better internet option, try Starlink. You can visit Starlink’s website to order the equipment and service, check the availability and cost of the service, and find more information and support.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Starlink faster than fiber?
Fiber internet currently has a faster maximum and median speed than Starlink or any other satellite provider. Fiber has significantly lower latency and provides a stable connection that is simply unmatched. Starlink’s highest recorded download speeds have only reached just over 200 Mbps, while fiber-optic connections consistently offer symmetrical gigabit speeds.
Why is Starlink Wi-Fi so expensive?
Starlink is a satellite-based internet service that is generally more expensive than fiber internet. This is because it requires a substantial investment in infrastructure and technology. Starlink is designed to cater to people who live in rural or remote areas where fiber infrastructure is not easily accessible. This lack of infrastructure availability can also contribute to higher costs.
What are the disadvantages of Starlink?
Starlink, a satellite internet service, has a few drawbacks:
- It comes at a higher cost than traditional fiber internet.
- Potential latency issues may exist, and the service requires a clear line of sight to the satellites for optimal performance.
- In areas with heavy rain or cloud cover, Starlink’s service may be less reliable.
How much area does Starlink WiFi cover?
Starlink’s satellite network covers a significant portion of the globe, with plans to expand its coverage. However, the quality of the service may vary depending on factors such as the user’s location and the availability of a clear line of sight to the satellites.
Is Starlink better than 5G?
It is difficult to directly compare Starlink and 5G, as they serve different purposes and strengths. Starlink is a satellite-based internet service, while 5G is a mobile network technology. Starlink offers higher speeds and lower latency than 5G, but 5G provides better coverage and reliability in urban areas.