International students who wish to advance their education can now study in Canada through the help of a scholarship, the Canadian government offers scholarships every year to international students which has helped many international applicants to study and live in Canada.
Some of the scholarships are fully funded while some are partially funded, the fully funded scholarship is more of an advantage over the partially funded scholarship because all expenses including travel expenses are been covered.
If you are within the category of students, stick with us as we are about to help you understand more about fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students.
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
Is There Any Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada For International Students?
The Canadian government often offers fully funded scholarships to international students every year, private and public universities also offer fully funded scholarships to international students, so there are many fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students, some of the schools that offer these fully funded scholarships in Canada include the University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of Saskatchewan, University of Calgary, etc there are also organizations that sponsor scholarships for international student in different universities, some of these scholarships programs include.
Vanier Canada graduate scholarship, Trudeau foundation scholarship, Robert S. McNamara fellowship program, IMU breakout graduate fellowship program, Aga Khan foundation scholarships, and Human Frontier science program doctoral fellowships.
Scholarship Requirements for International Students
Before applying for any scholarship in Canada you must meet the requirements as an international student, which will prove your eligibility.
1. Good Grades: Most international scholarships often require good grades, there is a specific grade requirement that will qualify you to apply, and most scholarships will list their minimum grade requirement, the minimum grade requirement for Nigeria students is 5 credits in High school, minimum of 2:1(second class upper) from any University.
2. Financial Need: When applying for a need-based scholarship the submission of a financial need document is very important, this may include your bank statements to determine the need for the financial assistance.
3. Language Proficiency: To be eligible for a scholarship in Canada you must provide a language proficiency document, this can be achieved by taking an IELTS or TOEFL test.
4. Recommendation Letter: A recommendation letter will be needed to apply for a scholarship, this is a letter that can be gotten from your employer or lecturer to prove your performance.
5. Transcripts: An academic transcript is required to apply for a scholarship to a University this document helps to prove your academic excellence.
6. Statement Of Purpose: You have to write your statement of purpose, this should state the reason you should be a good candidate for the university scholarship and how the university scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
Universities in Canada That Give Fully Funded Scholarships to International Students
Many Universities in Canada offer scholarships to international students, and most of these scholarships are fully funded scholarship, although some may be partially funded scholarships, some of the universities that offer fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students include:
- University of Toronto: To view the lists of available scholarships, visit the 👉🏼 University of Toronto Scholarship
- University of Dalhousie: To view the lists of available scholarships, and requirements, visit the 👉🏼 University of Dalhousie Scholarship.
- University of Winnipeg: To view the list of available scholarships and their requirements, kindly visit the 👉🏼University of Winnipeg Scholarship.
- University of British Columbia: To view the list of available scholarships, visit the 👉🏼 University of British Columbia Scholarships.
- University of Alberta: To view the list of available scholarships, kindly visit the 👉🏼 University of Alberta Scholarship.
- University Of Waterloo: To view the list of available scholarships, and their requirements, kindly visit the 👉🏼University of Waterloo Scholarship.
- University of Saskatchewan: To view the list of available scholarships, and their requirements, kindly visit the 👉🏼 University of Saskatchewan Scholarship.
- University Canada West: To view the list of available scholarships, visit the 👉🏼 University Canada West Scholarship.
How to Get Scholarship in Canada for International Students
Scholarship is one way international students can further their learning without funding it themselves, to be able to get scholarships in Canada as an international student some steps need to be followed these few steps are listed below.
1. Search For Scholarships: This is the first step to acquiring a scholarship in Canada as an international student, there are many scholarships in Canada for international students which are offered by government and private organizations, explore different Canadian university websites to search for scholarships.
2. Review: Review if the scholarship is available for international students and if your country is among the listed countries, check if the scholarship aligns with your program, your interest, and your goals.
3. Check Requirements: Check the various requirements needed to be able to apply for scholarships, the documents needed for the scholarship should be put in place.
4. Apply For Scholarships: Check for different scholarships that align with your program, skills, and interests, then apply for as many scholarships that align with your program and submit the documents needed for the scholarships which include a personal statement, transcript, recommendation letter, etc.
5. Get Ready For Interview: Get ready for an interview after a successful application, the interview will be conducted online as a virtual interview, research about the University and organizations offering the scholarships to get set for questions. Only candidates who pass the interview session will be awarded a scholarship. Candidates awarded with scholarships will then move further in processing a study Visa.
How to Qualify For a Fully Funded Scholarship in Canada
To qualify for a scholarship in Canada some criteria must be put in order, the most important part is academic excellence which is followed by other criteria for eligibility,
• Academic excellence is a must for scholarship in Canada for international students.
• Illustrate leadership skills.
• An acceptance letter is a must from a university in Canada.
• Voluntary service to the community.
• Taking part in extracurricular activities.
• A professional experience background.
• A poof of financial assistance/need.
• Acquired achievement both academically and socially.
Fully Funded Scholarship In Canada Without IELTS
Some Universities offer fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students without IELTS. The University of Toronto offers fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students with IELTS exemptions, and other Universities like McGill University offer fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students without IELTS other language proficiency tests like TOEFL, TOEIC, etc are also accepted by these Universities. Funded Scholarships in Canada are possible without IELTS too!
Easiest To Get Fully Funded Scholarship
The easiest way to get a fully funded scholarship in Canada is through government scholarships, The Vanier Graduate Scholarship is the most highly paid scholarship that is been funded by the government of Canada, it is a fully funded scholarship that covers tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, books, travel expenses, health insurance, and other expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get A Scholarship In Canada From Nigeria?
Yes, you can get a scholarship in Canada from Nigeria, the Canadian government offers scholarships for both graduate and undergraduate students from international countries around the world.
How Much CGPA Needed For Scholarship In Canada?
A minimum of 2:1 (second class upper) or its equivalent is needed for a scholarship in Canada, one of the eligibility for a Canadian scholarship is academic excellence.
Can I Get A Student Visa For Canada Without IELTS?
Yes, you can get a student visa for Canada without IELTS, other language proficiency tests have been accepted by Universities in Canada for international students, which are also accepted when processing student visa.
Wrapping Up: Most Universities offer fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students, this has made it effortless for students to further their education in Canada, International students who meet the requirements and eligibility should apply to the various Canadian universities.