If you are using a MOJEC prepaid meter, you might be wondering what codes you need to know to operate your meter effectively.
In this article, I will explain what MOJEC prepaid meters are, how to activate them, how to use the codes, and what to do if you encounter any error codes. I will also list MOJEC prepaid meter codes for different regions.
Continue reading to learn more about the MOJEC prepaid meter codes and how to troubleshoot and fix any issues you may be having with the meter.
👉🏽 Mafia Offers: How To Make People Beg to Buy Whatever You Have For Sale
👉🏽 How to Make 300K – 500K Every Month Through E-commerce
👉🏽 Facebook & Instagram Ads Sales Generation Blueprint
What are MOJEC Prepaid Meters?
MOJEC prepaid meters are smart meters that allow customers to pay for electricity in advance. They are designed to provide accurate and reliable measurement of electricity consumption, as well as to prevent meter tampering and bypassing. MOJEC prepaid meters are manufactured by MOJEC International Limited, a Nigerian company specializing in energy solutions.
MOJEC prepaid meters come with a Customer Interface Unit (CIU) or a User Interface Unit (UIU). This device communicates with the meter and displays information such as credit balance, consumption rate, and error codes.
The CIU or UIU also allows customers to enter codes to perform various functions, such as checking the meter number, loading tokens, and enabling emergency credit.
How to Activate MOJEC Prepaid Meter
Are you wondering how to activate your MOJEC Prepaid Meter? Follow these simple steps to activate your MOJEC Prepaid Meter:
- Choose the type of MOJEC Prepaid Meter that suits you and order it from your electricity distribution company.
- After receiving your MOJEC Prepaid Meter, wait for an SMS to be sent to your mobile phone within 72 hours (3 days). If you haven’t received the SMS after 72 hours, log on to your DISCO portal and request an activation token.
- For Ikeja Electric customers, visit their portal and enter your meter number. The activation token will be displayed instantly.
- If your prepaid meter requires an activation token, pair the meter by typing in the meter number and pressing enter. It should display “successful.”
- Type the first 20 digits of the activation token and press “enter.” Your meter will display “succeed.”
- Type the next 20 digits of the activation token and press “enter.” The meter will display “succeed.”
- Congratulations! Your MOJEC Prepaid Meter is now activated, and you can start recharging it.
Please note that the above steps only apply to MOJEC Prepaid Meters that require activation tokens. If your meter does not require an activation token, an error message will be displayed below: “Error Message: Your meter does not require an activation token or meter has not been activated.”
How to Use MOJEC Prepaid Meter Codes
If you’re using a MOJEC prepaid meter, you can access various information and functions on your meter by entering shortcodes on your CIU or UIU. To do this, press the enter button (#) and input the relevant code, followed by pressing the enter button (#) once again. For instance, you can check your credit balance by entering #009#. Your CIU or UIU will then display the remaining amount of credit on your meter.
It’s important to note that the codes you need may differ depending on your location and the DISCO you use. To ensure you have the correct codes, it’s best to check the manual that comes with your meter or contact your Disco directly. Below, you’ll find a list of MOJEC prepaid meter codes for some of the regions and DISCOS in Nigeria.
List of MOJEC Prepaid Meter Codes for Different Regions
AEDC MOJEC Meter Codes
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) covers the Federal Capital Territory, Niger, Kogi, and Nasarawa States. The MOJEC prepaid meter codes for AEDC customers are as follows:
- 009: Credit balance
- 040: Credit amount
- 070: Current date
- 100: Meter number
- 048: Emergency credit
- 200: Previous charged date
- 202: Previous charged credit
- 032: Total charging amount
- 045: Disable audio alarm
- 201: Previous charged time
- 203: Previous charged token
Ikeja Electric MOJEC Meter Codes
Ikeja Electric (IE) covers the northern part of Lagos and some parts of Ogun State. The MOJEC prepaid meter codes for IE customers are as follows:
- 004: Total import energy
- 009: Credit balance
- 040: Credit amount
- 448: Current month active total energy
Jos Electricity MOJEC Meter Codes
Jos Electricity Distribution Company (JED) covers Plateau, Gombe, Bauchi, and Benue States. The MOJEC prepaid meter codes for JED customers are as follows:
- 01: Current available credit
- 02: Current consumption rate
- 03: Average daily consumption
- 04: Estimated days left
- 05: Last billing date
- 06: Last billed amount
- 07: Total credit recharged
- 08: Total credit used
- 09: Current power
- 10: Meter number
- 11: Supply group code
- 12: Tariff index
Common MOJEC Prepaid Meter Error Codes and How to Troubleshoot Them
Encountering an error code on your MOJEC prepaid meter can cause concern. These error codes are usually displayed as “Error” followed by a number and indicate a problem with your meter. Below are some of the most common MOJEC prepaid meter error codes, their meanings, and how to troubleshoot them:
- Error 1: This error code means that there is a RAM failure. RAM stands for Random Access Memory, which temporarily stores data on your meter. A problem with the RAM can cause your meter to malfunction. To fix this error, you must ensure the RAM is connected correctly and functioning. If you need help with this or want to avoid tampering with your meter, contact your Disco or MOJEC customer care for assistance.
- Error 2: This error code means that there is an EEPROM failure. EEPROM stands for Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory, which stores data permanently on your meter. If there is an issue with the EEPROM, your meter may lose some of its settings or information. This requires the intervention of a technician. Contact your Disco or MOJEC customer care for assistance.
- Error 3: This error code means that the power supply diode has failed. A diode is a component that allows current to flow in one direction only. If the diode fails, your meter may not receive enough power or experience fluctuations, which can affect the accuracy and reliability of your meter. To fix this error, you must replace the diode with a new one. However, this is a complex task and may require the expertise of a technician. Contact your Disco or MOJEC customer care for assistance.
- Error 6: This error code means that you are using the wrong key or that the key associated with your meter is faulty. A key is a device that contains a unique code that identifies your meter and allows you to load tokens. If you use the wrong key or if your key is damaged, your meter may not accept the tokens or display an error. To fix this error, use the correct key or get a new one from your Disco or MOJEC customer care.
- Error 10: This error code means that your meter has an incorrect meter number. The meter number is a unique identifier assigned to your meter by your Disco. If your meter has a wrong meter number, it may not communicate properly with your CIU or UIU or with the Disco’s system. To fix this error, check for any dirt or dust on the key or the meter that may interfere with the contact. You can also try to reset your meter or contact your Disco or MOJEC customer care for assistance.
Mojec Prepaid Meter Showing Link Error
If you are experiencing a “Link Error” on your MOJEC prepaid meter, it could be due to a weak communication link between the Customer Interface Unit (CIU) and your meter through the power source. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:
- Ensure that the CIU is powered with a DURACELL battery.
- Plug the CIU into a power supply (not a generator or inverter) and ensure it is near the meter.
- Ensure that the CIU is paired with the meter. To pair the meter, type 525817005382 on the CIU and press enter, after which you can input the token purchased.
- If the error persists, remove the plug under the CIU and plug it back in. Then, try loading the token again.
If none of these steps work, note your meter number, phone number, and account number, then contact your electricity distribution company.
How to Load MOJEC Prepaid Meter Tokens
To load tokens on your MOJEC prepaid meter, follow these steps:
- Ensure that there is a power supply in your neighborhood.
- Confirm that the red LED light on your meter is on.
- Input all 20 digits of your credit token and press “enter.” Your meter will display “success,” and you can start enjoying electricity until it finishes.
MOJEC prepaid meters are advanced meters that enable customers to pay for electricity in advance and monitor their energy consumption. MOJEC International Limited, a Nigerian energy solutions company, manufactures these meters.
Each MOJEC prepaid meter has a CIU or UIU, which displays information and provides access to various functions through codes. These codes may differ depending on the region and the Disco.
To avoid issues, familiarize yourself with the common error codes and how to troubleshoot them. In case of any persistent issues, contact your Disco or MOJEC customer care for assistance. Read more about Prepaid Meter Tamper Mode to know what it is and remove tamper code errors from your meter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Is My Prepaid Meter Showing Red Light?
It’s normal for your meter to be showing or blinking red light. This indicates your Unit is running out or low, or you’ve exhausted the units in your meter and need to recharge your prepaid meter.
How Do I Pair CIU Prepaid Meter With Customer User Interface?
To pair your Customer Interface Unit (CIU) with your prepaid meter, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure that the CIU is powered on and within proximity to the meter.
- Type 5258 followed by the 5th digit to the 12th digit of your meter number and press enter.
- If you have a 01011 meter, type 1593570 followed by your meter number and press enter (the blue button).
- After successful pairing, the display will show “OK.”
Why Is My CIU Not Connecting?
If your CIU is not connecting to your prepaid meter, it could be due to a weak communication link between the two devices through the power source. Ensure that the CIU is powered with new batteries and paired with the meter. If the error persists, check that the CIU cable or adapter is not faulty and that the meter’s batteries are not depleted. If none of these steps work, contact your electricity distribution company.
Why Is My CIU Showing Failed?
If your CIU is showing “Failed,” it could be due to a weak communication link between the CIU and your prepaid meter through the power source. Ensure the CIU is powered with new batteries, plugged into a power supply, and paired with the meter. If the error persists, check that the CIU cable or adapter is not faulty and that the meter’s batteries are not depleted. If none of these steps work, contact your electricity distribution company.
What Is Link Error in Prepaid Meter?
“Link Error” on a prepaid meter means there is no communication between the Customer Interface Unit (CIU) and the meter through the power source. To resolve this issue, ensure the CIU is powered with DURACELL batteries and paired with the meter. If the error persists, contact your electricity distribution company.